World Charts

World Charts
Version: 1.0.1
Compatible: iPhone, iPod, iPad - iOS 3.0
Price: Free

I’m one of those people on the look out for new music constantly. My appetite is ravenous and consistently digesting whatever content comes my way. Some albums are so good they’ll last more than two weeks. To keep myself from staying in dry spells for much too long (I’ve been going through a lot this year) I try to find what’s new or sample everything. I have a few Apps that let me do just that but not very many (to my surprise) let me know what’s on the charts across the globe.

The only one that lets me do just that is World Charts. It’s a fairly simplistic App that requires too much explanation. Select one of the countries of choice (there’s a fair amount of choice) and it’ll tell you the current top 20 hits. Select the song and you get a sample, a Youtube link and/or a link to iTunes to buy the song. I found a few numbers across several countries of interest purely because of this App.

Current Countries Covered:
Argentina
Brazil
Canada
Jamaica
Mexico
USA
Hong Kong
India
Japan
Korea
Taiwan
Thailand
France
Germany
Italy
Spain
Turkey
UK
(For those more obscure countries like my Philippines, better look elsewhere.)

It could be better absolutely but as it stands it is unrivalled across the entire App Store. It serves its purpose well despite looking bland and giving several bad Youtube links, but it’s ambitious. I favour it absolutely and it’s one of those rare Apps I frequent on a regular basis to stay in touch without accessing the computer or the Safari App.

It’s free, like it or hate it you won’t know until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment